Look At My Desk – Katie Davis

Welcome to Look at My desk – My Creating Space for 2012.
For the first hit out this year I am thrilled to have Katie Davis who hails from New York. Some of you might have trotted along to my website and seen our photo on my photo gallery. She is a lovely person who is doubley talented – she writes and illustrate beautiful picutre books.

I sent Katie the invite to these posts about Creative Spaces and she asked if she could reply in a slightly different way to other Creative Spaces posts. Here it is – a look into the creating space of Katie Davis:

********

As you saw from the introduction to the clip Katie has a new book out that’s really for childen’s book creators. It’s called How To Promote Your Children’s Book and as part of that promotion it is featuring today on this blog. Katie knows just a bit about promtion. Have a look at her trailer for Little Chicken’s Big Day - her recent picture Book. You can see the trailer (for which an award was won) and more about the book here. She also he has a totally entertaining and creative podcast home called Brain Burps – all about kids lit.

You can win a free PDF download of the book simply by leaving a comment here about a creative way to promote a children’s book (that you have written or would like to write). One comment will be randomly choosen and must be posted by 6pm next Friday 10th February SYDNEY time. That is 2am New York Time … and a whole lot of other times as well. .

And where else is Katie travelling on this blog tour? Here is her Blog Tour Schedule. Do drop by and see what else Katie can reveal.

Feb 1 – E is for Book
Feb 2 – Banana Peel Thursday
Feb 3 – Creative Spaces — You are already HERE!
Feb 6 – DearEditor.com
Feb 7 – Writing With a Broken Tusk
Feb 8 – Shutta Crum
Feb 9 – McBookWords
Feb 10 – Kerem Erkan
Feb 16 – Elizabeth O. Dulemba
Feb 17 – Fiction Notes
March 1 – 12×12 in 2012
March 2 – Christine Fonseca, Author

Lastly don’t forget to jump to Katie’s colourful and very full website.

So there it is, the first Look at My desk – My Creating Space post for for 2012 featuring the Creative Space of Katie Davis. Fantastic.

12 Responses to Look At My Desk – Katie Davis

1. Thanks for having me, Chris!

Katie Davis February 4, 2012 at 5:45 am Reply
  2. How fun to see your space Katie! I’m glad I can visualize where you are now. And how cute is Mango???

Makes me want to do more with my own space…

Julie Hedlund February 4, 2012 at 6:33 am Reply
  3. I loved the video! Definitely a CREATIVE SPACE!

To answer your question about a creative way to promote a book — I am unpublished and my only experience promoting a book was when a manuscript of mine was in an online contest. My book was all about school buses — so my kids and I went and pretended to interview buses at the local bus garage. I made up a whole script to introduce people to the buses in the book through the pictures we took.

I like bringing books to life for kids. I enjoyed the promotion.

Eric VanRaepenbusch February 4, 2012 at 7:38 am Reply
  4. Love this video! Thanks so much for sharing! I dream of having my own space. For now, I’ll just settle for the purple people eater, aka, my couch. = )

Elizabeth Stevens Omlor February 4, 2012 at 10:08 am Reply
  5. What an awesome video!!! LOVES it! :) e

Elizabeth O. Dulemba February 4, 2012 at 10:38 am Reply
  6. This was just great! Thank you Chris for hosting. Thank you Katie for sharing. It was really fun to see Mango. I can see why you share bacon bites with him :•)

Penny Klostermann February 4, 2012 at 2:14 pm Reply
  7. I had a wonderful visit! Love meeting new authors, and I’ll have to thank Katie for introducing me.

cleemckenzie February 6, 2012 at 3:11 am Reply
  8. Loved seeing your studio, Katie! And the adorable Mango. My studio has a lovely “cat hair” motif. : )

Loreen Leedy February 7, 2012 at 5:27 am Reply
  9. This video visit to Katie’s studio greatly enhanced my appreciation of Katie’s podcast. Thanks Chris for hosting her on her tour. I also have my own “Mango” named Daisy (a jack russell) who has managed to nap nearby during my writing time. Something about having a dog present causes creative juices to flow–I mean creative slobber, really.

Damon Becky Dean February 7, 2012 at 2:58 pm Reply
  10. One way I’ve found to promote my book is to use your business cards. Instead of the traditional business card with your name, title and address, have the book cover and title with your name. You can also include ordering information like a url.

It was fun seeing Katie’s workplace.

Kevin Spear February 9, 2012 at 1:33 pm Reply
  11. This is a very instructive blog tour – thanks Katie and thanks to your wonderful team of supportive blogger friends! Great stuff!

J.R.Poulter/J.R.McRae February 10, 2012 at 6:16 pm Reply
  12. I loved seeing your creative space, Katie! I do want to put more little snippets of creative inspiration all around my world now.

World of Julie February 11, 2012 at 1:22 pm Reply